CONTENT WRITING WORKSHOP COURSE DETAILS
WHAT IS CONTENT WRITING & BLOGGING?
Content writing, today, is more of a profession. Some may want to consider it an art, but the truth is that it has become a successful field, which is an important part of every online business. This is the digital age, after all, and everyone has access to information online. Who writes all that information? Content writers!
There are two main branches of content – Blogging and Copy Writing. Learning to be a professional content writer is not just about earning the title. It is about having complete command over this skill to make you the best writer any online business would want to hire.
To become a professional content writer, you need these basic qualities:
- Self-discipline – You must have the will and genuine concern of providing the client exactly what they need.
- Be humble – There will be criticism and rejection. You have to keep going until you achieve perfection in whatever your client needs in the content.
- Proper command over the English language
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
To learn everything to start a career as a content writer
- Learn to write your first proper high-quality article
- Refine your skills as a writer if you already have some experience with it
- Learn how to write a sales copy, how to, and other kinds of content
- Learn how to turn your writing skills into the key to money making
OUTCOMES OF ATTENDING OUR CONTENT WRITING TRAINING WORKSHOP
- You get a certificate of endorsing your skills as a skilled content writer
- Gain some professional writing skills and knowledge
Week 1 - Introduction to content writing
- What is content writing – Brief Introduction
- The significance of content writing
- How to improve website ROI
- Types of content writing (Blogs, Informational and research-based Articles, SEO articles, Press Releases, Web Pages, Brochures, Reviews, etc.)
- Use relevant images and videos without copyrights
Week 2 - Article Writing
- Introduction to Article Writing
- Title & Planning the structure of the article
- Know the target audience
- Types of Articles (Overviews, Personal Experiences, Informational, Humor / Satire, Top 10s, Story, Infographic, etc.)
- Characteristics of a well-written article (How to know if it is a HQ article)
Week 3 - Blog Writing
- Introduction to Blogging – What is a blog
- Types of Blogs (Personal, corporate, blogs by genre, business blogs)
- Blogging platforms and tools (Blogger.com, WordPress, others)
- Why do people blog? Why is it famous?
- Comparison between international and local blogs
- Dos and Don’ts of Blogging (What blogs should include and what not)
Week 4 - Copywriting
- Introduction to Copywriting
- What is Copywriting?
- Types of Copywriting (Billboards, emails, advertisements, product descriptions, websites, catalogs, brochures and more)
- Features of a Good Copywriter
- Digital Copywriter vs Traditional Copywriter
- Dos and Don’ts for Copywriting
- The Relationship between SEO and Copywriting
Week 5 - Website Content
- What is a web page writing?
- Pillars of web content writing – How to make a web page effective
- Importance of aesthetic appeal
- The relationship between content and web design
- Keyword, meta tags, and other features of web content
Week 6 - Press Release
- What is a press release
- How to write a press release
- Format for a press release
- Objectives of writing a press release
- Dos and Don’ts of writing a press release
Week 7 - Inforgraphics
- What is an infographic? (Know the purpose or objective)
- How to make an infographic
- Dos and Don’ts of an infographic
- Samples and tools to use to make an infographic
Week 8 - Proofreading & Editing
- How to proofread your work
- Importance of proofreading your work
- Software / tools to use
- Plagiarism – What is plagiarism and its consequences
- How to deal with client’s feedback
- Revisions in the content writing world